Championing Early Defibrillation Video
Community early defibrillation programs require teamwork: the collaboration of concerned citizens, emergency medical services, local leaders, public safety officials, civic organizations, businesses, local healthcare practitioners and, in many cases, survivors.
Take it from those who know best---community champions from four U.S. cities. In this video, the community champions offer their stories, opinions and advice to assist you in planning a program for your community.
This video covers:
- Sudden cardiac arrest and the Chain of Survival
- Description of an AED (automated external defibrillator)
- Recommended locations for AED placement
- How to build a community early defibrillation team
- Legal and regulatory requirements
- Training and medical oversight requirements
- Funding ideas
Click here to order one FREE copy of the "Championing Early Defibrillation in Your Community" video (a $20 value). (Video available in VHS only.)
Click here to order more than one copy of the "Championing Early Defibrillation in Your Community" video or contact us at 1-888-201-0229. (Video available in VHS only.)
(Developed by Philips Medical Systems and reviewed by NCED for accuracy and manufacturer neutrality)